- Diesel Bunks at Mangalore, Malpe, Gangolli, Tadri and Karwar.
- Ice plants at Mangalore, Malpe, Gangolli and Honnavar.
- Fish canteens in Cubbon park, Indiranagar in Bangalore, Kolar, Tumkur and Madikeri.
- Fishing Harbour gate collection at Mangalore.
- Purse seine catch marketing at Honnavar, Bhatkal and Tadri.
- Ice and cold storage and processing plant at Tadri.
- Plant Building at Mangalore, Kulai, Kaup, Honnavar and Gangolly.
- Fish meal and oil plant at Karwar.
- Fish sales units at Chilimbi, B.C. Road, Puttur, Sullia, Thirthahalli, Shimoga, Hassan, Tumkur, Kolar, Madikeri, Cubbon-park, Indiranagar and Chitradurga.
Future Activities of KFDC
- Upcoming retail outlets in Davangere, Gokulam & Siddalingapura in Mysore, Yalahanka & Balbavan.
- FROZEN FISH AND VALUE Added PRODUCTS
- SUPPLY CHAIN – 3 DIFFERENT ROUTES
- Establishing modern ice & cold storages, fish pre processing and processing plants along the coast.
MANGALORE FISHING HARBOR
- Two ice plants of 30ton capacity each were installed at Mangalore fishing harbor by utilizing government of India Grant and state government share capital and inaugurated by our Honorable fisheries minister Sri Anand Asnotikar on 23-09-2008.
- A shopping complex comprising of 15 rooms is constructed and is being used by the boat owners and fish merchants.
- Under RKVY a 40mt ice plant was commissioned at Mangalore on 12.04.2012. The total cost of the project is Rs. 120 Lakh
Malpe fishing harbour
- 2 Ice plants each of 20ton capacity were functional in Malpe fishing harbor in the year 2007 and 2008, the second ice plant was inaugurated by our Honorable Minister for Fisheries, Science and Technology Shri. Anand Asnotekar on 22-09-2008
- A preprocessing under RKVY for RS 75 lakh is under construction which will include a blast freezer.
- A shopping complex comprising of 12 rooms is constructed & is being used by the boat owners & Fish Merchants.
Gangolli Fishing Harbour
- Under the assistance of Government of India, Minister of Agriculture a 15x2MT Ice plant is commissioned on 15.12.2010. The total cost of the project is 92.75lakh.
- A shopping complex comprising of 6 rooms constructed and is being used by Boat Owners and Fish merchants.
Bhatkal Fishing Harbour
- A 10ton ice plant under RKVY is nearing completion and the cost of the project is Rs. 80 Lakh.
Honnavar Fishing Harbour
- Under RKVYan old ice plant building has been renovated with new machinaries. This Ice plant is commissioned on 16.11.2011. The total cost of the project is Rs. 100 lakh.
Tadri Fishing Harbor
- Corporation is having a diesel bunk at Tadri.
- Ice and cold storag and processing plant at Tadri which is leased.
- KFDC is doing purse - seine marketing.
Karwar Fishing Harbor – Baithkol
- Under RKVY a 10 X 2 ton ice plant work at Karwar is under construction. Total cost of the project is Rs. 120 lakh.
Cubbon Park Development
Corporation has renovated Cubbon Park Fish Restaurant, Fish Sales Unit and Cold Storage. The old cold storage is modernized to store 25mt of frozen fish and 10ton chiller and the work is completed. Centralized Kitchen, Modern - Eco Friendly Fish Restaurant, Modern Fresh Fish selling unit and Aquarium Units are completed. All together Rs.125Lakh has been invested for modernizing the Cubbon Park Center . Similarly the Kiosk in the premises of Government Aquarium near Balabhavan will be modernized.
Projects at Head Office, Hoige Bazar, Mangalore
Pre Processing Plant –
1. To cater the requirements of Cold Chain being established by the Corporation and to supply fresh, frozen and value added fish and fishery products, the old pre processing unit at Hoige Bazar has beenrenovated at a cost of Rs.140Lakh under RKVY. This consists of 25ton frozen storage, 10 ton chiller storage, 5 ton ice storage, 0.5ton per cycle blast freezer, 10ton flake ice Machine, processing hall with all furniture's, air curtains, retiring rooms for ladies and gents, chemical room and laboratory. This unit has 50Kv generator backup with all water supply , plumbing, electrical and other connected works. The work is completed and the unit is functioning. The old head office building has been renovated and modernized with a face-lift to the external building and the internal facilities with connected electrical and plumbing works. The Head Officehas been totally Computerized with Online facility for networking different Branches and Fish Marketing Activities.
2. A Modern Sea Food Processing Plant with Value Addition Unit :- A Modern Processing Plant with Value Addition Unit for producing Fish and fishery products at a cost of Rs.500 lakh is being constructed at Hoige Bazar.
The silent features of the project are:
This Modern Fish Processing Plant mainly consists of 500 Ton Frozen Storage, 10Ton capacity Flake Ice plant, Trolly Freezer having a capacity of 10 Ton per day, Plate Freezer of 6 Ton capacity of per day and 10 Ton Chilled Room. This plant will have water purification unit(RO), Effluent Treatment Plant(ETP), Quality control lab meeting the standards of Export Inspection Council of India(AIC) European Union(EU) and will implement HACCP( Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point). It is proposed to produce frozen fish and fishery products, value added – ready-to-cook and ready-to-eat fishery products for domestic and export market.
3. Ornamental Fish Production Units
Under RKVY Rs.25.00 Lakh is earmarked for establishing ornamental Fish production unit. This includes Rs.10.00 Lakh for training 500 rural folk in batches, 5.00 lakh for construction of ponds and other infrastructure for producing ornamental fish and Rs.10.00 lakh for providing 25 % subsidy on a unit cost of Rs.40,000.00 to a select group of 100 persons. Corporation has trained 500 rural people from Bangalore Rural and other Districts and has distributed Rs. 2.5 Lakh subsidy.
For quarantining and holding Aquarium Fishes so as to supply these fishes to the various stalls, Corporation is renovating a building at Hoige Bazar to house these facilities.
MOBILE/VAN SALE OF FISH, AQUARIUM & ACCESSORIES
- KFDC has already experimented the mobile/van sale of fish in some of the identified market segments successfully.
- Scientific survey is being carried out through mobile/van sales.
- KFDC's mobile sales is also being carried out where the Retails outlet is not feasible.
- FISH MARKET CONSTRUCTION :- KFDC is planning to establish 20 modern fish hygienic markets along the coastal belt each at a cost of Rs10 Lakh under RKVY. Already Fish market at Varamballi, Hunsemakki, Koteshwar are opened and put to use. The Fish market at Bajpe, Hejmady, moodbelle and Kodibag are nearing completion. Fish market at Amedalli, Avarsa and Kemral are under construction.
- Supply of Tax Free Diesel to the Coastal Fishermen.:- Corporation is running 5 diesel outlets at Mangalore, Malpe, Gangolli, Tadri and Karwar. Total turn-over of diesel per year has exceeded Rs.67.76 crore.
- Marketing of Purse Seine boat catches in Uttar Kannada District.:- Corporation Is marketing purse seine boat fish catches in Bhatkal, Honnavar and Tadri fishing harbors so as to provide reasonable prices to the catches of the fishermen. The total fish marketed during 2011-2012 has crossed all time high of Rs.28.37crores.
- Up gradation of Fishing harbors under MPEDA assistance Corporation has associated in upgrading fishing harbor at Mangalore and Tadri under MPEDA assistance as per the directions of Director of Fisheries. In this project both the harbors are provided with 10Mt flake ice plant, 10ton chiller storage and ice storage as per EU norms. The work on both the project is completed and is being operational.
- Collection of fees and maintenance of fishing harbors :- Corporation is collecting user charges at Mangalore fishing harbor.
- Nodal Agency for implementation of Mathsyasharya Scheme of Department of Fisheries :- Corporation is acting as a nodal agency for the implementation of Mathsyashraya Scheme over a decade. Since 2006-2007 as on date Corporation has received an amount of Rs. 42.80 Crores and as spent Rs. 37.04 crore as on date.